Dinner just isn’t the same when Daddy’s away. It’s hard to muster up the motivation to make a big “family dinner” for just me and the kids (especially when one of them takes the prize as a picky-eater).
Nevertheless, we still have to eat but the kids still must eat right? So, I try to keep it simple, easy, and kid-friendly. Tonight’s dinner was the perfect blend of their favorite foods – I call it Happy Turkey Taco-Pizza.
Here’s the super-simple recipe:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 jar of salsa
- small can of corn
- 8-10 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 1 package of shredded Mexican cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- Salt & Pepper (a pinch of each)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the ground turkey with a bit of salt and pepper, and drain off any fat.
- Stir in the salsa and corn, and simmer until liquid evaporates. (No one wants a soupy pizza!)
- On a foil-lined cookie sheet, lay out 4-5 tortillas.
- Spoon a bit of the turkey salsa mixture onto each tortilla.
- Cover the mixture with cheese, and then top with tomato-halves (in the shape of smiley faces, of course!)
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the oven, or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
Voila! A happy dinner with the kids.