Today is my brother’s half-birthday. (By the way, he happens to be a great writer. When you have a moment, check out his blog, Speak of the Daniel) It is also my mother in-law’s half-birthday. While neither of them were born during a leap-year, they still have a bit of a leap-day “claim to fame”. They only have a “half-birthday” every four years.
This is really a silly, trivial thing, but I am a nerd. I find it terribly interesting.
In the news and blogrolls today, you will find plenty of references to the famous people born on February 29th:
- Italian Composer, Gioachino Rossini
- American Bandleader, Jimmy Dorsey
- Singer and actress, Dinah Shore,
- and motivational speaker, Tony Robbins.
But what of the famous people born on August 29?
Let’s hear it for:
- Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous host, Robin Leach
- President Reagan’s Press Secretary, James Brady
- Singin’ in the Rain’s “tap-master”, Donald O’Connor
- American author, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
To all of you who deserve a proper celebration of your half-birthday, milk it for all it’s worth! It only comes around once every four years.